Monday, May 2, 2011

Mattress Moving

These two ducks look like they could be carrying anything from a giant ice cream sandwich to a big cross-stitch frame, but in fact they are schlepping a mattress.  On Saturday I moved two beds with my friend.  We borrowed my parents' minivan and moved his bed frame to his new place, then turned around and moved my old bed back to my parents' house since I don't really use it anymore.  I've lived in my current space for almost two years now, and had forgotten exactly how tiring it is to move big furniture.  I don't mind it, and it's pretty satisfying to see tangible progress as you move and get to put your muscles to use, but phew, it's hard work!  Also, it always, ALWAYS takes longer than you think it will.  Every time I move I think about how much stuff I have, and how much stuff many of us have in the U.S.  Possessions can be useful and I get pleasure from many of mine, but I look forward to thinning my holdings a bit for the next time I have to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment