Saturday, April 30, 2011

Look, Ma, new pants!

This Wednesday evening, after months of wearing increasingly frayed and tired-looking pants to work, I finally bought a couple new pairs.  Actually, the situation was that I had some good fall/winter work pants, but when warmer weather arrived, I found my lighter-weight and lighter-colored pants were all showing their wear.  Recruiting my housemate (he volunteered), I went to a store likely to have cheap but durable khakis.  I was successful in my search, and am wearing one of the pairs of pants I bought as I type this very post.  They're quite comfy.  I'm not always a big fan of clothes shopping, but in the right mood, I do enjoy trying on different outfits, striking poses in the dressing room as I imagine myself strutting down the street in a jaunty pair of linen pants or slouching on the couch in a relaxed pair of jeans.  On Wednesday I think I fell into the pitfall of judging everything more positively because the shirt I wore to the store was a favorite of mine, and everything looked better in combination with it.  No matter.  Those mint-green cargo shorts will come in handy sometime, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment