Monday, April 18, 2011

Porch Time

Friday afternoon found me and my housemate sitting on our porch shooting the breeze.  The weather was perfect: not too cool, not too hot, and sunny but not blindingly so.  It was the first time in rather a while that neither one of us was rushing off somewhere or preoccupied by an urgent task.  We were able to just relax and let the conversation flow, interrupted only by squirrel acrobatics in the trees overhead.  I'll probably post a paean to porches another time--because I think they're great--but for now I'm just happy thinking of an excellent conversation outside, lingering while day turned gently to dusk and our minds meandered through pleasant fields of thought.

2 comments:

  1. That was seriously one of most pleasant times I've had in quite a while! I plan on using our porch often while we still can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! To the porch! Well, maybe when it's daylight again.

    ReplyDelete