Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tornadoes

On Saturday I was very sleepy, but that's not what stands out about the day; what stands out is tornadoes.  For lunch, my lady-duck-friend and I went to a Mexican restaurant.  On the way in, we dodged raindrops from an afternoon downpour, but thought nothing more of it.  Just a little while later, when we'd gotten back to my place, my dad called telling us to turn on the news.  Only then did we see the tornado-ridden storm speeding eastward through North Carolina.  The storm passed by where we were without much incident, but meteorologists started talking about a tornado headed straight through the area where my LDF's apartment is.  Her dog was at home as the twister approached, but we didn't have enough time to get there before it hit, so we sat on the couch, watching and waiting and keeping our fingers crossed.  As soon as the storm had moved farther east my LDF jumped in the car and drove home, where she found to both of our great relief that her apartment was still standing and her wonder dog was none the worse for wear.  With that weight off my mind, I promptly lay down for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment