Friday, April 1, 2011

Playing the Local 506

I've fallen a bit behind again after a late night, but what a night!  My friend and I played a short set (about five songs) for a benefit concert at the venerable Local 506 in Chapel Hill.  We were one of seven or eight acts, and we performed next to last, when the audience was both smaller and more liquored up.  But they were perfectly well behaved, and it went quite well as far as I could tell.  It was really hard to know how we sounded to the audience because the monitors on the stage were kinda funky and we are not experienced with microphones and all.  But all that aside, it was a dream come true to play for an audience at a club I had grown up hearing about and in which I'd seen bands I love perform.  I don't think I'm cut out to be a professional musician who makes his living by performing, but it's something  I greatly enjoy and want to do more of.  And this was an excellent beginning.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear it went well and that you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know the next time we're performing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so amazing! I've definitely had wishful thinking that Charanga could play at 506, so I can imagine how exciting that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it wasn't a full-fledged gig there, but even playing a few songs in that space was really cool. I'll look forward to upcoming Charanga performances!

    ReplyDelete