Monday, April 18, 2011

Standup Comedy

On Thursday I went to a local comedy club to support my friend, who was competing to be North Carolina's Funniest Comic.  This was the first round of the competition, and I was pleased to cheer on multiple comedy friends--folks whom I had seen perform several times while giving standup comedy a try myself this past fall.  I decided that for the moment I prefer strapping on a guitar and singing melancholy songs for an audience rather than being funny for them, but I may give comedy another try in the future.  Having tried it, I can say that it is a lot harder than it would seem.  And my friend does it very well.  By audience vote on Thursday he happily advanced to the next round of competition, and I look forward to cheering him on again!

No comments:

Post a Comment