Saturday, February 26, 2011

Blogging Process

So, this is how I make a blog post for Unorthoducks.

First I draw a duck.  I use low-tech tools like printer paper and black gel pens.  Though I think it would be fun sometimes to post drawings made with charcoal on rocks, or with sticks in the dirt.
 Then I take a picture of the drawing with my phone . . .
 . . . and I email it to myself.
 Because I don't want this to become a big production, my phone photos are usually poorly lit and need some editing.  In the freeware image-editing program, the GIMP, I crop the photos and adjust the black levels until I have a more-or-less black-and-white picture instead of something with a blue or gray background.  Then I save the resulting picture as a JPEG and try to get it close to 66k.  Why?  No particular reason, but I tried that once and it looked fine, so I kept going.  The idea is mostly to keep the image sizes pretty small (except for this image-heavy post) so that they blog will load quickly and not bog down readers.
 Then I log onto Blogger, upload the image, and write a little something about it.
 Then I post the whole kit and caboodle . . .
 . . . and lean back to bask in the glow of another successful blog post!
Thanks for reading, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment