Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Facial Hair

Facial hair can be groomed into such interesting configurations, it seems a shame to just shave it all off.  Now shaving can be a pleasure all its own, but I seem to always come back to a beard.  I have had sideburns, a goatee, sideburns AND a goatee at the same time (I felt very Nashville), and even just a mustache (it lasted maybe 18 hours).  Part of the appeal is having something on my face to stroke thoughtfully while I mull things over.  My beard keeps my chin warm and wards off sunburn and pimples, and I like to think it makes me look more rugged.  Or at least more like a lumberjack, which I guess amounts to the same thing.  Plus, it's perfect for when I finally start that band I've been thinking about--I'm all set to jump on the beard-rock bandwagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment