Monday, February 14, 2011

Lying on the Ground Gazing at the Sky

Yesterday was one of the first totally gorgeous days of the year around here.  It was warm in the sun, clear, and breezy.  While a really great dog ran back and forth, taking breaks from carrying her tennis ball to lick my face, I lay in the outfield of an empty baseball park staring into the sky.  I realized how long it had been since I had lain on the ground.  I love the difference in perspective when my head is right on the grass, and everything looks monumental and far-away.  The exigencies of the world seem, um . . . less exigent.  It is a very "grounding" experience.  Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Love this one! We need to do this more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, I totally agree. More ground-dog-sky time needed. I'm looking forward to it as the weather continues to move toward spring! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete