Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Long Scarves

Scarves are great. They're perfect for those days that aren't cold enough for a coat, but are too cold to go without. They're like neck-size security blankets, keeping me safe and cozy in the frosty wilds of the world. Dorky fellow that I am, I used to love watching Tom Baker's Doctor on Doctor Who reruns, gallivanting all over time and space with his 16-foot-long scarf, sonic screwdriver, and packet of jelly babies. The scarf was his character's equivalent of Indiana Jones's whip--a unique fashion accessory and an indispensably versatile tool.  I overheard a girl once saying that she'd always wanted to date a guy who would wear a scarf.  I hadn't realized that some guys won't--perhaps they fear being labeled metrosexuals.  I fear having a cold neck.  I also love the decidedly hipster look of scarf + t-shirt.  I have a treasured scarf that my sister knitted for me, and it dresses up any outfit. In summation: yay, scarves!

1 comment:

  1. Many a time I've considered making myself a Dr. Who scarf.... Love the new project! ~AnnaMalia

    ReplyDelete