Thursday, February 17, 2011

Leaving Work Early

I enjoy my job overall.  Nevertheless, the opportunity to leave early on occasion fills me with a giddy joy that is probably disproportionate to the free time I've gained.  I guess it feels like I'm getting away with something, walking out the door into the sunlight and fresh air while my coworkers are still hunched at their desks.  Getting out of work even a couple of hours early makes me supremely happy.  I always have big plans for the time I've gained, but invariably spend it doing things of little consequence.  No matter.  It's still a lovely bonus.  I don't know if I would enjoy leaving work early if it were the way things worked normally, but I think we as a country would be much happier if our work days ended around 3 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. It's reminiscent of early-release days in grade school. A freeing, wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete