Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Burritos

I hesitate to say that burritos are my favorite food, but in the last few years they have certainly climbed right up near the top of my list.  I think it's largely due to Carrburritos, a superlative burrito restaurant in Carrboro, NC.  Also the Cosmic Cantina, which has locations at least in Durham and Chapel Hill.  The burritos there are much more straightforward than Carrburritos, but still completely satisfying.  In fact, come to think of it, I had one burrito from Carrburritos and one from Cosmic today, which makes it a pretty awesome day in my book.  The burrito has endless variety and potential, it's a neat and tidy package, and it's got all your food groups in one handheld bundle.  What more could you ask for?  My favorite burrito at Carrburritos is the regular black-bean burrito with guacamole filling and jalapeƱos added.  At Cosmic I go for the regular veggie burrito and use liberal amounts of Valentina hot sauce.  I've got more stories about burritos, but that's all for now.  I'm not thoroughly happy with this drawing, but I tried it a number of times, and concluded I'm just too tired to get it better right now, so up it goes.  Burritos, on the other hand, I am entirely happy with.  Mmmmm!  So good!

2 comments:

  1. I remember going to Carburrito with you and Matt!! It was much fun! And Matt and I waited for you in the tattoo shop near there and listened to the tattoo guy make fun of the emo kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where were those emo kids going with that squeegee??

    ReplyDelete