Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tattoos and Piercings

I think tattoos and piercings are pretty cool.  I do not have any myself, though.  It's for two reasons: one is that I am wary of how body mods would look in my older, flabbier, wrinklier skin years down the road.  The other is that I have not found any words or design that I want to commit to having on my body for all time.  I think I will always love guitars, and could see a tattoo of a guitar, but what kind of guitar?  What style of drawing? What color?  Where on my body?  So that's why I don't have any tattoos.  But I think they can look extremely cool.  They're a neat way of changing your appearance to express the you who you want to be, or of permanently memorializing a person or experience that has changed your life.  We all carry scars with us that commemorate (whether we want them to or not) events in our lives.  Tattoos and piercings are similar in that they're commemorative self-marking, but with the key difference that they're voluntary.  Please forget for a moment that feathers probably don't tattoo well, and enjoy this illustrated (and pierced) duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment