Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hoodies

As can be clearly discerned by studying the distinctions between figures one and two above, the hooded sweatshirt offers a range of stylistic and thermal options to suit varying conditions.  I am a big fan of hooded sweatshirts, especially the pullover kind with a kangaroo pocket.  True, the hood can sometimes be lumpy behind the neck while seated, driving, or wearing a backpack, but it also keeps the neck warm and provides a feeling of security, like a blanket that is socially accepted for everyday outdoor wear.  The hood can double as a makeshift pillow in a pinch, and is great for unexpected downpours or gusty weather.  I've got a few hoodies with logos on the front, but my favorites are still plain, solid colors like blue, green, or yellow.  Sometimes I wear a zippered hoodie to work over my dress shirt, which helps me feel relaxed and at ease while remaining (or so I imagine) more or less attired for business.  The hoodie may not be the perfect garment, but it comes darn close.

2 comments:

  1. Hoodies are the BEST!! My favorite hoodie is my Guilford hoodie, but my sister stole it, so I like to wear Jay's now.
    I'm loving your blog! Keep up the great work, Dana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Cori! I love my GuilCo hoodie, too. And any hoodie borrowed from someone you love is automatically awesome. Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete