Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sassy Waitresses and Waiters

I went to a diner in Greensboro with a friend today, and encountered my favorite kind of waitperson--a sassy one.  Now I'm not a fan of waiters who roll their eyes or make snide comments under their breath, but I am partial to the kind of waiter or waitress who can be a little sarcastic and poke gentle fun at customers while still showing that he or she cares about them.  She might say, "Oh, now you're ready to order?" with a smile, or "Nope, no more coffee for you," with a wink.  Being a waiter must be a difficult and often frustrating job, so you've got to find ways to let off some steam while still making the customers feel good about their meal.  I think a little sassiness can go a long way toward making a diner experience more satisfying and memorable.

2 comments:

  1. We made need to hit up Bull McCabes for some more Tracy sassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best sassy waiter I know. For serious!

    ReplyDelete